I can’t believe this is the end of the 30 Days of Getting Up Early. I made it and I AM CHANGED! I don’t think I can go back to still being in bed when the kids get up (well, maybe a few days here and there!). But it’s not over for me and it definitely made my grass greener.
What I Enjoyed:
- The quiet
- The peace the morning offers
- Enjoying my HOT cup of coffee
- Talking with my husband
- Spending consistent time in the Word of God
- Thinking about what the day will hold instead of being thrown into it
What I Learned:
- I have to go to bed early in order to get up early.
- Setting the coffee at night to automatically make in the morning helps me get out of bed even better!
- If I don’t get ready before the kids are up (showered and dressed), it’s still a chaotic morning. So the more I can be ready before their feet hit the floor, the better!
- Getting up early spurred me on for the rest of my day. I was more productive overall.
- I watch less TV when I get up early. I didn’t expect this but I like it!
- You hear the Lord when you are available to listen. My listening time is early in the mornings now!
I never thought I could be an early riser. But it’s truly as simple as making the decision to do it. And I am so glad I did!
Next up: 30 Days of Praying for My Kids. I can’t wait to see what God does! Hope you can join me (sign up here).